Mystic Magic: Stressed?
Grace Cavanaugh ~ Co-Editor in Chief
It is week three, and if you are anything like me, you are already dealing with the mountains of stress that come with being a college student. There are a lot of things happening and you may or may not be able to deal with them.
Even though it may feel like the world is crumbling, it is not and you will be okay. I am here to give you some suggestions to make you feel better.
- Drink some tea. Coffee is an excellent source of energy, but it can also exacerbate other issues, like anxiety and overall panic. If you are not having a good day, go to the Muse or On Common Ground and order yourself some tea. Or, if you are fancy and have a kettle or a Keurig, you can brew a cup of water and steep your own tea bags. I have some organic chai tea I like to sip when I am having a bad day.
- Find some lavender. I know there are several places that sell lavender wax melts. If you live off campus, you can burn lavender candles. Or, you could find a place that sells lavender and put some in a pouch or a pillow. Lavender is a natural relaxer, so it can help ease your stress.
- Invest in a hammock. Since our campus has so many nice trees, hammocking seems like an excellent way to destress. Even if you are sitting there doing homework, you are still outside. The fresh air and sunlight will boost your mood immediately, and I guarantee you will feel less stressed.
- Find a study group. Homework, essays, and assignments are always less stressful than doing it on your own. If one of your friends is in the class, has taken it before, or is vaguely knowledgeable about the topic, they can even help you with your work.
- Keep a list. I started to write down my assignments differently this semester, and so far it is working. I have everything where I need it and a fun way to keep up with it by coloring it. It helps me stay organized and, when the list is full of colors, I find that I am a little less stressed.
It is only February. We have a few more weeks until spring break, where we can really take a break, and then finish the school year with a bang. I believe in all of us, because we have already proved we have got this. Good luck, friends!