Grace Cavanaugh ~ Copy Editor
It is the end of the semester! Time to celebrate. All your hard work has been for this moment, and the only thing that stands between us and winter break are finals.
With break coming up, we have a little less than a month to recuperate before the spring semester. During the holidays, it can be a little stressful to hang out with family, despite being away from them from so long. Here are some ways to relax over break without losing your mind.
- Pick up a hobby. Personally, I am partial to cross-stitch. It is a fairly cheap and easy skill to pick up, and there are plenty of patterns online. Like I have said before, you do not need a hoop to cross-stitch. Bookmarks are my favorite thing to make because they require only a little bit of aida cloth and embroidery floss.
- Catch up on reading. During the semester, I do not have a lot of time to read the books I want to read. Most of my To Be Read (TBR) books are over 600 pages, so it takes time to go through them, I do not have on top of all my schoolwork. Over break, I can finish at least three, which I am very much looking forward to.
- Hang out with friends. There are a lot of people in Lynchburg that I care about and spend time with, but not there are people from home that I have not seen in a long time. I plan on spending at least a few days catching up with them.
- Visiting all your favorite haunts. There are several places in Richmond that I love to visit and that I did not get a chance to patron while I was there over Thanksgiving. I miss going to all these little restaurants and stores, so I will for sure spend at least part of one day.
- Sleep. During the semester, I spent multiple sleepless nights up working on essays, and finally I will be able to catch up on all that lost sleep. It is nice when you do not actually have school responsibilities over winter break and can just relax.
Remember that this break is actually supposed to be a break. I know I for one will be semi-busy and will have to work at least one day over the break, but do not push yourself. Recharge your intellectual batteries, do things that make you happy, and enjoy the month we have off.