College Life: The Stage of Senioritis
Katherine Daniel ~ Editor in Chief
Thanksgiving Break is over, and I have been in the stage of what we call, senioritis. Over the break, I said to myself “Oh, I am going to get my senior thesis paper done and this website, and be ahead of things.” Did that happen? Nope! Over the Thanksgiving Break, I ended up waitressing at my dad’s new restaurant, Black Friday shopping, and babysitting. I am grateful for making money over break and going shopping, do not get me wrong, but I really wanted to get the stuff done. But it is okay, I will work hard this week on it and get it done. To get me through the next three weeks left, I have thought of some things to do to keep me in the spirit to get things done.
- Make a list. I feel that making a list has come in handy a lot this year, whether it is a list for the week with my planner or a list for the day of things I have to do for homework and things to do around the house. I have been using paper and I just started using a white board to write my lists. Writing on the white board has been pretty cool because once I am done with something on the list, I can erase it and make a new note onto the list.
- Get some sleep. For me, over Thanksgiving Break, I did not get that much sleep. Working at the restaurant, I was not getting home until 11 p.m. and not getting into bed until 12 a.m. or 1:30 a.m. each night. I also went Black Friday shopping too, and well, I did not get much sleep the night before, so then I got up at 5 a.m. and was out shopping until 6 p.m. and then went to babysit. Yep, you get the point. I need to definitely get some sleep this week because I sure did not get any sleep this week at all.
- Put up the Christmas Tree. Putting up the Christmas tree each year always puts me in a better mood around the last three weeks of school. I can fill me a glass of wine or drink a bold rock, listen to Christmas music, and put the Christmas tree up to get in the spirit. Definitely doing that sometime this week.
- Make some cookies. Being that it is close to Christmas, cookie batter/dough are on sale in the stores. Today, I picked up sugar cookie dough and also some chocolate chip cookie dough from the store. I know I will be making cookies in the next couple weeks around crunch time.
- Go out on a date. For me, getting away from the crunch time of writing papers, making presentations, and preparing my art projects is always good. Going on a date with your significant other can help take the stress away from all of the hustle and bustle.
Hope you all have a wonderful last three weeks of classes and exams! We can do this!