College Life: 10 ways to Destress
Katherine Daniel ~ Editor-in-Chief
It is now that time at the end of the school year where everything gets stressful. You might even have assignments due every single day of the week and wonder when you might ever get a break and when is summer break coming? Some of the past weeks have been very stressful on me and they are not slowing down either since finals are coming in less than a week. I have so much school work (projects, papers, presentations, etc.), my job, and not to mention extracurricular activities. This semester has been again testing my time management skills like no other. But, every once in a while, the week’s tasks get to be a little too much for anybody and we all need something to get us through the week.
So, here are 10 things that can help you destress, give you a break, or give you something to look forward to doing over the weekend.
- Take a nap. Taking a nap is always a good way to destress yourself. After having four classes on Mondays and Wednesdays, sometimes taking a nap really helps me release all of the stuff I have going on in my head and helps me destress.
- Watch Netflix, Hulu, or YouTube. After a long day of school, I love to just come lay on the couch and watch Netflix and eat a snack. Watching a favorite movie or show on Netflix helps me to destress a lot.
- Do some face masks. At the end of the day, you are probably warn out and feel like you need a facial. I love to do Black Mask Purifying peel-off Mask.
- Go to the gym. I do not know about you, but going to the gym and running on the treadmill or boxing helps me relieve stress.
- Pet some dogs and cats. Go out to the Lynchburg Humane Society and pet all the dogs and cats you wish to. It is one of my favorite places to go because I love animals. If you are more of a reptile fan, go to Pets and Aquatic Warehouse.
- Call your mom and dad. Calling my mom is always a way for me to vent to her about my stressful days and it helps me destress when she gives me ideas of ways to help me.
- Go for a drive. Going for a drive and listening to music is always great, especially now that the weather is nice. Roll those windows down in your car and jam out to some of your favorite hits.
- Start a bullet journal. Maybe you have always dreamed of going somewhere out of the country or have a to do list you would like to start. Well, a bullet journal is a good way to start. Make bullets of things you want to do or places you would like to go to relieve some stress.
- Take a walk or run. Taking a walk with my dog helps me get outside and seeing the nature helps me relieve my stress.
- Go shopping. Go to the boutiques in downtown Lynchburg or go to the mall to shop. I absolutely love to go shopping and that is definitely a way that de-stresses me.
These are ten tips for you and I hope you have enjoyed my opinion column this year. I will be back next year, so make sure to look at all of the tips and info that I have to write about it. If you have any thoughts on what I should write about next year, send an email to the Critograph and let me know. Make sure you study for your exams and ace them, and I will see you all next year!